* When fully implemented in 2020, all eligible Australians aged 50 to 74 will be offered a free bowel screening test every two years.
To receive a free testing kit a person must:
- Have a Medicare Entitlement type of either:
- Australian citizen
- Have a current Medicare card or be registered as a Department of Veterans Affairs’ (DVA) customer
- Have a mailing address in Australia
- Not be a conditional migrant
- Not be a temporary resident
- Not be a Reciprocal Health Care Agreement recipient
- Be age eligible (enter your date of birth in the tool above to find out when you will receive your kit)
People who meet these criteria are automatically registered for the Program. Screening kits are sent to the address recorded by Medicare.