The National Cancer Screening Register
From 1 December 2017 the renewed National Cervical Screening Program will be supported by a National Cancer Screening Register (NCSR) and operation, where test results are recorded and monitored to ensure appropriate follow up and treatment.
This provides a safety net in addition to a person's usual healthcare. For example if your Cervical Screening Test result indicates you need further investigation and treatment, and you haven’t seen a specialist, NCSR staff will follow up with you and your healthcare provider.
This makes it easy to manage your screening.
From 1 December 2017 you can call the NCSR contact centre which will enable you to:
- Choose how we communicate with you
- Provide alternative contact details
- Check the dates of your previous and next tests
- Change the date of your next test
- Choose a healthcare provider to receive your results
- Opt out of the register
For questions about cervical screening including your results, please talk to your healthcare provider.