Where can I get a Cervical Screening Test?
You can get a Cervical Screening Test at:
- A doctor’s clinic
- A community health centre
- A women’s health centre
- A family planning clinic
- A sexual health clinic
- An Aboriginal Medical Service
Who can do a Cervical Screening Test?
Healthcare providers who can do a Cervical Screening Test include:
- General practitioners (GPs)
- Nurses trained in cervical screening
- Specialists such as gynaecologists
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practitioners
Remember, you can always ask for a female healthcare provider to do your test.
How much will the test cost me?
There is a Medicare rebate for the Cervical Screening Test.
Ask your healthcare provider if they can bulk bill for your appointment or if there are any additional costs.
There may be a fee for your appointment depending on your healthcare provider.
Make an appointment
Find a health service near you by searching the Health Direct website.